Nothing drives me crazier than to hear that someone is starting another diet. You know one of those diets that promise drastic weight loss in a short amount of time.
You would think that most of us have this figured out by now but come Monday morning a vast majority of the population is starting another diet.
Research shows that regular dieting is a waste of time and energy. Don’t believe me? Read on and maybe will start to agree with me.
5 Reasons Why Diets Fail
According to Dr. Mark Hyman, functional medicine doctor, diets predictably fail because of 5 reasons…
1. You try to exercise your willpower to control your appetite instead of understanding there is a science behind hunger
2. Your focus is too much on counting calories
3. Your diet consists of all low-fat foods
4. Your weight is actually affected by hidden reasons that require medical attention
5. You lack a solid health and weight loss plan to guide you on your journey
Here is another fact that most of us would like to ignore. The average dieter loses weight, they lose muscle AND fat.
But once they regain the weight, they gain back only the fat… which will ultimately slow down their metabolism (been there done that). Um, I think that is reason enough to stop the madness with these diets.
Here are 5 success tips that will keep you in peak health without dieting:
1. Eat enough whole fresh food to satisfy your appetite (your body will be less hungry because it’s fully nourished)
2. Eat protein for breakfast to boost your energy for the day
3. Eat your last meal three hours before bedtime to give your system time to digest before sleep
4. Make low-glycemic foods your diet staple such as nuts, seeds, chicken, and fish so your blood sugar stays level
5. Eat good fats at every meal such as avocado, nuts, seeds and olive oil (healthy fats are your friend, not your enemy)
It may take longer to shed those unwanted pounds without going on some crazy diet, but the good news is that you will not only shed the weight, you will also keep it off for good. Another benefit is you will never feel like you are on a diet or feel deprived. I
Need help knowing where to start? Reach out to me and will help give you some action steps so you know where to start.