Talk about amazing! Everyone in my family was going back for seconds. Easy, healthy and tasty. Enjoy.
1 cup rolled oats
2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup organic no-sugar-added tomato sauce 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste 2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. dried parsley
1 tbsp. mustard
2 tsp. dried minced onion
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Spray slow-cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine everything except the ground beef in a large bowl. Crumble ground beef over mixture and stir well to combine.
- Shape into an oval loaf; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), 5 to 6 hours.
- Add optional topping 15 minutes before meat loaf is done.*
- Remove from slow-cooker and let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
*Optional: Whisk a little ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl; spoon sauce over meat loaf. Continue cooking on Low until heated through, about 15 minutes.
This would be EXCELLENT served with a side of my Mashed Cauliflower, too!