Carry Werdier has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to protecting your privacy.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site:
We aggregate and de-identify certain information about my members to use for business purposes.
We give you several ways to control the privacy of your personal information.
Carry Werdier is headquartered in Hibbing, MN and our Services are provided to you by carrywerdier.com. If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), carrywerder.com is the controller of your personal data for the purposes of the EU data protection law.
- HOW WE COLLECT, USE, SHARE AND OTHERWISE PROCESS INFORMATION
Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain backups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services, and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which are to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
- SENSITIVE DATA
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case, you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time, by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences, OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you, OR by emailing the third party directly by way of their contact information (once you have been receiving their messages). You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages from our company and brand by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
- OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
We process your information in furtherance of our legitimate interests, including:
providing and improving the Services. We do so as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in providing innovative and tailored offerings to our customers and members keeping the Services safe and secure. We do so as it is necessary to pursue the legitimate interests of Carry Werdier and its members in ensuring the Services are secure, to protect against fraud, spam, and abuse, etc.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
We may promote special offers, products, and services from third parties, and direct you to websites that are owned and/or controlled by third parties.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you.
We pride ourselves on only working with quality third parties that we trust, and only those where we have good reason to believe that they have the appropriate data protections in place. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Carry Werdier collects information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, if you choose to share it with Carry Werdier. We receive information in a few different ways, including when you enter information about yourself or engage in the process of purchasing a product or service from Carry Werdier. Carry Werdier also collects information about how you use the Services. There are also several opportunities for you to share the information about yourself with Carry Werdier. For example:
We collect basic account information such as your name and email address.
- When you make a payment on carrywerdier.com, you may provide payment information, such as your payment card, bank account, or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payments Services and we do not store your credit card or bank account information.
- To help us to provide you with the best possible service, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so that we can better respond to your support requests and comments. Your contact information.
- We also obtain additional third-party information for potential customers of ours. This information is obtained under the privacy policies of the providing third party.
- We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provides us with technical information when you access or use the Services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
- COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
When you visit the Services, a cookie will be stored on your computer. Generally, cookies and similar technologies work by assigning to your browser or device a unique number that has no meaning outside of Carry Werdier uses these technologies to personalize and enhance your experience. Additionally, after you’ve entered your username and password during a session on the Services, Carry Werdier saves that information so you don’t have to re-enter it repeatedly during a session. Not accepting cookies will make certain, possibly vital, features of the Services unavailable to you. Carry Werdier may also use your IP address to identify you, to administer the Services, and to assist in diagnosing problems with carry Werdier.
- LOG FILES
The Services use log files. The stored information includes IP addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and information about what was clicked on screen. This information is used to analyze trends, administer, protect and secure the Services, track member movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Carry Werdier uses a third-party analytics platform (Google Analytics) to process and analyze this data as well as storing on our servers. Log files are retained for undefined periods of time ranging from one hour to indefinitely.
- HOW INFORMATION IS SHARED
We may share your information with third parties who provide Services to Carry Werdier such as supporting and improving the Services, promoting the Services, processing payment, or fulfilling orders. These service providers will only have the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information. We may also engage service providers to collect information about your use of the Services over time on our behalf so that we or they may promote Carry Werdier or display information that may be relevant to your interests on the Services or other websites or Services.
Third Party Business via API or Other Integrations
When you choose to use third-party apps, plugins, or websites that integrate with the Services, they may receive your information and content, including your personal information. Information collected by these third-parties is subject to their terms and policies. Carry Werdier is not responsible for the terms or policies of third parties.
Affiliates and Acquirers of our Business or Assets
We may preserve and share your information with third parties, including law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or private litigants, within or outside your country of residence, if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, including to respond to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also retain, preserve or disclose your information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to prevent any person from death or serious bodily injury, to address issues of national security or other issues of public importance, to prevent or detect violations of our Terms of Service or fraud or abuse of Carry Werdier of its members, or to protect our operations or our property or other legal rights, including by disclosure to our legal counsel and other consultants and third parties in connection with actual or potential litigation.
- HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission, and storage of the data we collect. Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content, or any business losses caused by the same. No system is 100% secure. We only work with data controllers that are well-known and well-established in our industry and that have data security measures in place. The Services use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and payment information, including credit card numbers. To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorized access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your payment information and other personal information at the Services. Please note that if you do not use an SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted, and additionally may not be able to access parts of the Services.
Most browsers can notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid Services identification information for the Services you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection. Carry Werdier recommends that you enable these browser functions to help ensure that your communications are secure. You can also monitor the URL of the Services you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than http://), along with the security symbol of your browser to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server. You can also view the details of the security certificate of the Services to which you are connected. Please check the validity of any Services you connect to using secure communications.
WhileCarry Werdier continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and Carry Werdier warrant the security of any information you transmit to Carry Werdier. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk Carry Werdier
- ADJUST NOTIFICATION AND EMAIL PREFERENCES
- FOR EU RESIDENTS: TRANSFERS OUTSIDE OF THE EU
Under EU data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
Of course, we grant all of these requests for anyone in our community, including our US residents.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are an EU resident and you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
The Services are operated from the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Services to provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information be transferred, processed and stored in the United States, as it is necessary to provide the Services and perform the Terms of Service. United States privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Carry Werdier, such as statistics of the use of the Services.
- OUR COMPLIANCE WITH CERTAIN LAWS
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing Services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
- CONTACTING US
- notice on the home page of our website