We all lose focus sometimes and that is a normal part of life. But we don’t have to completely derail ourselves when life throws us a curve ball.
Here are ten tips to get you back on track
- RECOMMIT: Remember why you wanted to make the change and START NOW by recommitting.
- DRINK WATER like it’s your job: Water is so important for so many reasons and a healthy body and lifestyle require sufficient water intake. Guzzle away!
- PLAN each meal: Don’t like to meal plan? Have at least a general idea of what you will eat at your next meal and take time to it. It doesn’t need to be fancy but it does need to be well balanced.
- EAT: Don’t make up for overeating by NOT eating
- REVISIT your food journal and repeat a good week: Don’t keep a food journal? Focus on eating only whole foods prepared from scratch. Skip the processed foods.
- REMIND yourself how far you’ve come: Focus on what you achieved and not what you “wish” you had achieved. Keep moving forward and appreciate every small win.
- MOVE: Don’t overthink your workouts. Just do them! Find something you love and go with it. Still struggle to stick with it? Recruit an accountability partner. Even a daily check in with a body with help you to follow through.
- DON’T let a bad week turn into a bad month: LET IT GO!
- VEGETABLES are your friends: Make sure to include a veggie at EVERY meal. Proper nutrients keep you satisfied a longer.
- REPEAT this tomorrow: Yep, get back up and do this tomorrow.
In no time you will be feeling great and looking great!