There is so much buzz about bone broth lately so I decided to dig in and learn more about it for myself. Is what I found out is that not only is it tasty and easy to make, but the benefits are huge.
Some of the key benefits:
- It contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulfur and trace minerals in easily assimilated form.
- Nutrients that support your joint function leaving you moving, pain-free since it contains nutrients like glucosamine and chondroitin.
- It also contains anti-aging components, which is what caught my attention. Gelatin supports healthy digestion and strengthens hair, skin and nails. It also nourishes connective tissues, which helps to prevent premature skin sagging and cellulite. Broth also contains the amino acid proline, which is necessary for the production of collagen.
- It offers detoxification support. The amino acid glycine helps the liver with detoxification. Glycine is also essential for the production of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent premature aging
Additionally it helps with:
- Treat leaky gut syndrome
- Overcome food intolerances and allergies
- Improve joint health
- Reduce cellulite
- Boost immune system
Sounds pretty amazing doesn’t it? If you are like me the benefits listed above are more then enough reason to give it a try. Comment below if you have tried it and if you have never made it before here are some easy instructions:
How to make it:
1) Place bones in your stock pot.
2) Add onion, carrots, celery, salt and peppercorns.
3) Pour enough water in the pot to cover everything.
4) Add vinegar and let stand for 30-40 minutes.
5) Bring to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer for the recommended amount of time:
6) Chicken bones: 8-24 hours.
7) Beef bones: 8-72 hours.