We all have goals but following through with them is not always easy to do. The best way to follow through is to have someone keep us accountable. This can be when it comes to our health, our business, or any aspect of our life that could use improvement.
In order to find the right person to hold you accountable, whether it be a spouse, friend, coach, or accountability partner, you need to look for someone that is going to stretch you.
Support vs Stretch
- People that support you don’t want to see you get hurt
- They tell you it’s ok
- People who stretch you don’t want you to waste your potential
- They tell you it will be better next time
- People who support you want you to feel loved
- They want you to feel safe
- People who stretch you want you to feel challenged
- They love you too much to watch you stay where you are
Can you see the difference between being supported and being stretched? In order to reach your goals, you need to find some one that yes, will be there for you by providing support, but more importantly, you want them to stretch you. You want them to make you a better person and reach your goals.
Who in your life stretches you? Please comment below.